Here are some great ways to keep your baby feeling healthy and happy.
For starters, it is very important to make sure to dilute the oils with a carrier oil. Some examples of carrier oils are coconut, almond, or jojoba oils. The companies that sell essential oils also sell their own carrier oils, and carrier oil containers to dilute the oils can be ordered in bulk on the internet.
With babies, you can add 1-2 drops of oil per 1 Tablespoon of carrier oil, unless otherwise noted. In the upcoming points, choose 1 or 2 oils to dilute per concern even if there are more than two oils listed.
Benefits to Essential Oils
- Decrease colic/ fussy baby
- Prevent or rid of cradle cap
- Decrease an earache
- Decrease constipation
- Calmer mood, prepare for sleep
- Soothe diaper rash
- Ease respiratory congestion
- Decrease pain with teething
- Strengthen the immune system
- Ultimately, strengthen mother/ baby bond
Applications for Essential Oils
- Colic– Fennel, German or Roman chamomile, ginger or peppermint
1-2 drops in 2 Tbl carrier oil on stomach and back.
- Crying– Lavender, Roman chamomile, frankincense
Massage on feet or chest.
- Cradle cap-1 drop lemon and 1 drop geranium
Mix and place a small amount on head
- Respiratory congestion/ cold- Thyme, lemon
Massage on neck and chest.
- Fever– Lavender, peppermint
Massage on back of neck, feet, behind ears.
- Teething– Lavender, German chamomile, ginger or tea tree
Place a small amount on feet.
- Constipation– Rosemary, ginger, mandarin, orange
Massage on stomach and feet.
- Earache– Tea tree, lavender, roman chamomile, thyme
Place a drop of oil on a cotton ball, placing cotton ball in the ear, rub a little diluted oil behind the ear.
- Diaper rash – 1 drop lavender and 1 drop Roman chamomile
Massage on rash.
- Sleep and relaxation– Lavender
Massage small amount to feet.
I’m glad to share my natural remedies with you and I hope this information helps your little one. Time to get started! #essentialoils
Reference: Higley, C., Higley, A. (2016). Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Abundant Health.